Monday, April 2, 2018

Dana Brouillard_Artist Research


Under the Influence

                                   
From the series "Wozu." © Claus Lucas       
     



   Magenta Massacre printing plate, 2013-2014, aluminum printing plate with plastic bags, 30 x 41″.

EunGyeol Lee, From The Series “The Magus”© Dongwook Lee, 2012 © Dongwook Lee


 Lee’s work draws me in because of the darker backgrounds with the illuminated figures. The textures in the body parts mimic the those found in the background. The parts that I would like to emulate is the repetition of the textures throughout the images. I also want to incorporate a figure with an appropriated light source. In the hands photograph I would change how harsh the lines are in the lighting transition.
Lucas Blalock is a photographer that uses Photoshop in ways that repeat and manipulate certain objects. I am interested in mixing an object and texture in my own piece. I would also like to explore the idea of digital collaging in my own work. One thing that I would change in the Magenta Massacre piece would be to clean up the stray marks of the target bag in the bottom left corner of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment