Wednesday, September 22, 2021

#architectural-blend

 


This concept is to evoke time. Being an athlete, especially a track athlete, time is always weighing on your shoulder. We train for long hours, day and night, multiple times a day even, just to decrease our racing time. Runners want to run quicker in races, and sometimes that requires running for a longer period of time if you are a cross country athlete. Sprinters train through short but intense speeds, aiming to get stronger each rep. Another aspect of being an athlete is that everything comes to an end. I am a senior, going through the last stretch of being a competitive athlete, starting since my early childhood. This year time is catching up to me quickly, as I aim to continue training to run a faster time, a Personal Best, one last time for my athletic career. 

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done on having the same perspective on all your images. Great timing for the background image, nice color on the sky and no overblown highlights and heavily dark shadows. I think you matched the lighting on your arm well. Perhaps you could have made your point of focus a little larger in the frame.

    I had a similar idea for my composition, but my idea was a bit broader, I think your concept fits better. Time within time. The way I see it, the watch represents your running time while the clock tower represents the end of your journey as a competitive athlete.

    I really enjoy the color of the sky on your background image, but I think reframing it a little different would do s bit more for your concept. Maybe framing the time pieces at one end of the track, or even framing it within the line on the track itself. Also, I would have loved to see the clock tower placed in the center of your watch, unless of course you left the empty space for a reason.

    We live in a society that is always pushing us to do something, owning the latest tech, driving the fastest sports car, or whatever it might be, but I can only imagine what the pressure might be a completive athlete. Always pushing yourself to be better, faster and stronger than you were yesterday so your concept is definitely relevant and being better than oneself is a good thing so good luck on breaking your personal best.

    Overall, I think you had a strong and relevant concept, and you did a good job composting your idea. Maybe just consider implementing some of the suggestions I made and I think your message will convey a bit better.

    ReplyDelete