Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Building Blend -Ana Castaneda


For this project I decided to blend an armory and a bank together with some cannons on the side. I didn't want to spell outright what they were so to me the cannons and the front pillars are hints to their origins. I wanted to use the bank and armory because I feel in today's society there is a lot of emphasis on violence, in news etc., and making money. Like the background, however, what results is an empty space for our future generations.

2 comments:

  1. I think your idea here was interesting, but there are a lot of things that are a little bit off. Like we talked about, the building looks almost like it's hovering which wouldn't be too difficult to fix with some perspective tools. I also don't know how I feel about the bricks on the cannons. I think you could make them look like they're part of the building without the texture, but here it gives me a cartoon-y feeling, as does the horizon line/background. I would watch the reflection in the window because since you're in a parking lot, I don't think there would be as prominent of a reflection of the tree that we see here. I think the armory and the bank work well together though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a solid concept and the incorporation of the buildings and the cannons work really well. I agree with the comments made that the shadow underneath the building does imply that it is floating so maybe just lighten it a bit, also align the brick on the cannons to work with the angle of them. I actually like the sky and open space next to it to give more emphasis on the structure but i would tone down the color a little because it stands out a little bit too much, coming off a little harsh. Overall all great work, and would be interesting to see if this would ever be created in the future haha.

    ReplyDelete