Thursday, February 19, 2015



 For this project, I gained inspiration from the theme of beauty standards of different cultures. In stories of non-fiction in particular Disney, a princess is usually regarded as the highest level of beauty. So going with this idea I wanted to portray a princess but I also thought it would be interesting and different to see her as a different ethnicity. I gained inspiration to portray a Disney Princess as another race from reading a particular article on BuzzFeed that re-imagined Disney Princesses as a different ethnicity. I wanted to show beauty from a different perspective and imagine what Snow White would look like if she were Chinese.

3 comments:

  1. Sayma, I love this image. Its amazing to see how you created such an environment with photoshop. Also I don't think it's overdone, which sometimes it's easy to overdo such fantastical imagery. Another detail that really stands out to me is that you left the apple realistic, when you could've taken it to that "fairytale" level. I like the reality aspect that this provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job in making me look like a Disney Princess! It has always been my dream, haha. You did a fantastic job changing the environment. I was a bit worried about that while we were doing our photo shoot because I wasn't sure how well you were going to pull it off but you got some major skills and made it look believable. Very well done work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad we saw the steps that went into creating this final piece because the way you turned the grass into a field of snow is amazing. Great retouches to the face and i agree that the red and green are great compliments and making the shirt white may have been too much and would have competed with the background. Awesome concept and this should definitely be continued!

    ReplyDelete